COVID Vaccinations and TestingHouston, TX
COVID-19 Testing now available at Eldridge Family Clinic
YOU MAY BE AT RISK FOR CONTRACTING COVID-19. ASK YOURSELF:
- Have you recently been in an area known for community spread of COVID-19?
- Do you believe you have been around someone exposed to COVID-19?
- Have you been in contact with someone who later tested positive for COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing fever, cough, headache, or shortness of breath?
- Is your spouse, child, or family member a healthcare worker?
- Are you a healthcare worker, first responder, nurse, doctor, or someone that interacts with patients every day?
If your answer is YES to any of these questions, it may be time to get tested for COVID-19.
COVID-19 VACCINATIONS AVAILABLE
Call the office at (281) 946-1351 for an appointment!
We have ALL types of testing: PCR Nasal Swab, Sputum Testing, Rapid Antigen AND Antibody Testing!
- No scheduling Necessary
- We offer both affordable Self-Pay and Insurance Options
- Results in 20-30 minutes
- Antigen Tests check for specific proteins related to SARS-CoV2, the novel coronavirus that can cause COVID-19.
- Results in 15-20 minutes
- Antibody tests check your blood by looking for antibodies, which can show if you have been exposed to SARS-CoV2 virus in the past or have had a pst infection with COVID-19.
- Antibodies are proteins that help fight off infections and usually provide protection against getting that disease again (immunity). Antibodies are disease specific. These can also determine if you are in the process of developing immunity.
- Antibody formation can take from 3 days up to 3 weeks, so the timing is very crucial when checking for Antibodies.
- The Antibody test should NOT be used to diagnose the presence of the virus.
Molecular (PCR) Test
- Results SAME DAY (within 24 hours)
- PCR tests are performed with a nasal or oral swab. The test detects viral genetic material (RNA). It is considered very accurate (97%) and confirms the presence of the virus in the body.
**For more questions and answers, please see our FAQ below, or call at (281) 946-1351**
FAQ and Staying Safe
Can I Get Tested?
Testing is open to anyone. You do not need to have symptoms of COVID-19 in order to be tested. Certain population can be at a relatively high risk to develop infection.
As we are midst of this evolving Covid19 Pandemic, there is overwhelming need for testing. Our drive-thru testing will reduce pressure on our urgent care while increasing efficiency and decreasing contact between possibly infected individuals.
Why Are You Testing People with No Symptoms?
Symptom may not develop for 5-14 days after exposure. About two thirds of patients may never develop significant symptoms but latest guidelines suggest that Asymptomatic carriers are biggest spreader for the disease. Those working with vulnerable populations or taking care of loved ones at high risk need to know that they aren’t unknowingly spreading the virus to others.
As per latest CDC guidelines, we believe in the benefits of contact tracing and early testing and to isolate who are risk of spreading disease. As part of our mission to take care of the our community, we are providing COVID-19 testing to asymptomatic individuals who want to get tested.
Why Is Early Testing Critical?
Early testing for COVID-19 will allow earlier identification of those infected whether symptomatic or asymptomatic. Isolating these positive patients will help prevent further spread of the disease, and will also enable them to let any previous contacts know they have possibly been exposed. Early testing is also important to the larger public-health picture in that it allows experts to better characterize the prevalence, spread, and contagiousness of the disease in a wider sample of the population.
Why should I get tested at Eldridge Urgent Care?
We are your complete Covid19 care with dedicated professionals as part of our mission to provide safe, compassionate and comfortable medical care without a long wait in a crowded emergency room or government free sites. We cater the care for your individual needs based on your personal needs and to help identify and protect your loved who could be at risk. Widespread testing of populations to identify and isolate the people with infectivity has been shown to help “flatten the curve,” and we are committed to work in the community and doing our part during this crisis.
How long will it take to Get Results?
Antibody Test results are normally received within 10 to 15 minutes. PCR (Nasal swab) can take 2-3 business days.
If you have specific questions regarding testing, feel free to reach out to us at (281) 946-1351.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COME IN FOR TESTING, PLEASE ENTER YOUR INFORMATION HERE
Once you arrive at our facility, please give us a call at (281) 946-1351 and drive to the back of the building. Thank you!
An urgent care center can provide you with minor illness treatment. In fact, many people are choosing to visit an urgent care center when they are suffering from a minor illness due to the sheer convenience they provide. An urgent care facility is not one that takes the place of one’s primary care physician (PCP).…
Primary medical care is provided for the entire family unit so that everyone can go to one doctor's office and receive quality care from the same provider. The three focuses of a primary care physician are usually pediatrics, general internal medicine and family medicine.There are specific conditions, illnesses and other ailments that these primary medical doctors can…
The importance of a regular physical exam goes beyond being ready to try out for football or staying on your doctor’s log as an active patient. Visiting your doctor for a physical examination will keep you in better overall health and give you more insight into the way you feel on a day-to-day basis.Many people…
Most schools and sports organizations make it compulsory for student-athletes to undergo a sports physical before the season commences. The examinations ensure that students can participate in sporting activities safely and without any health risk. A primary care provider can complete the process at a medical clinic. Continue reading to learn more about the examination.During…
Learning more about how medical weight loss works will help you understand whether or not this option for losing weight is right for you. Many people who need to lose weight are looking for a more natural option, which means they do not want to undergo surgery or take medications to lose some extra pounds.…